Each year, the Atlanta Woman’s Club and its members donated over 200,000 in funds to national and local charities as well as volunteers approximately 4,000 hours per year.
How we make this happen and how you can help?
- Rental of the Wimbish House – Our club headquarters also serves as an event facility for weddings and other corporate events. The fees from the rental of our club are used to contribute back to the community. If you have a need for an event facility, please contact Karin Holben – Wimbish House Karin@thewimbishhouse.com.
- Fundraising/Sponsorship– The Atlanta Woman’s Club raises monies through fundraising efforts in an effort to assist national and local charities within our community. Focus is within our five community service programs – Arts & Culture, Civic Engagement & Outreach, Education & Libraries, Environment, and Health & Welfare. From time to time, our Club hosts events, silent auctions, or raffles associated with several of our fundraising and community events. By sponsoring the Atlanta Woman’s Club, you have the opportunity to help us to fulfill our mission of serving the community. We are always looking for corporate entities to partner with us. Whether it be with sponsorship of events, contributions of goods or services, all is welcome. If you have an idea in mind, please contact us, we would be open and happy to discuss win-win opportunities with you or your company.
- Purchase our History Book! A Light On Peachtree: A History of the Atlanta Woman’s Club Book. In 2011 the Atlanta Woman’s Club felt a need to bring pen to paper to accurately preserve the legacy of the women that served the community before us. The cost of the book is: $65.00, plus shipping and handling. Please email Events@atlwc.org to purchase a book.
- Make an Online Donation – Direct Donations to the Club or specific project: *Donations may be tax deductible (check with your tax advisor).
- Volunteer with us – the General Federation of Women’s Clubs has been a unifying force, bringing together local women’s clubs from around the country and throughout the world. Although there is considerable diversity in the ages, interests, and experiences of GFWC clubwomen, all are united by a dedication to community improvement through volunteer service.
If you are interested in learning how to partner with the Atlanta Woman’s Club, please contact our Fundraising Chair, Lisa Banes at email@example.com.
The Tallulah Falls School is looking for scholarship donations. You can start a perpetual scholarship of $2000 for just $99 – and all donations are tax deductible. For more information, please contact Ms. Dinah Peevy firstname.lastname@example.org.