The Atlanta Woman’s Club would be happy to provide you with a tour of our facilities or to send you membership information Kindly contact us by email, mail or phone to let us know how we may assist you. Thank you.
- Campbells Soup Labels - Help support the Tallulah Falls Boarding School by saving your soup labels. Ms. Willard will collect them at the monthly meetings.
- Georgia Car Tags for Charities - Did you know that Georgia has a variety of car tags that recognize such diverse groups and causes as educators, bob-tailed quail, Georgia wildflowers and wildlife. Check out Georgia's Department of Motor Vehicle site.
- The Arts Committee needs volunteers/funds to sponsor children for several art contests around the state. Click on the link to contact the Arts Committee.
|back to top|
For more than 100 years, The Atlanta Woman’s Club has been involved in community and national needs including promoting the quality of life in the City of Atlanta, education, preserving natural resources, stressing good citizenship, encouraging healthy lifestyles, contributing to world peace and international understanding, and supporting participation in the arts. Organized on November 11, 1895, our club has engaged in a diverse range of projects, from our work to establish the Atlanta public kindergarten system, mobile libraries, the farmers market, and the establishment of Hartsfield International Airport. Our Club also actively supports the Tallulah Falls School, which as been owned and operated by the Georgia Federation since 1909.
The club members are encouraged to select a "department of work" wherein their interest lies. There is something for everyone who becomes a member of the Federation. The six departments with a general description of their programs are as follows:
- ARTS - Projects encourage artistic expression, recognizing achievements, and preserving art as a natural resource. Please click on the link to obtain the schedule of events for the Georgia Shakespeare Festival . To contact the Arts Committee, please click on the link.
- BRIDGE - Fine tune your game and enjoy social time with other members and their guests. To contact the Bridge Committee, please click on the link or call 404-870-8833 if you'd like information about playing.
- CONSERVATION - Projects promoting increasing awareness of energy options an preserving natural resources.
- EDUCATION - Our Education Committee focuses on projects raising awareness of adult and youth literacy and continuing education programs. especially among women. Click here to view the Education Department' s Resource Page or here to contact the Education Committee.
- HOME LIFE - Projects providing education on financial, health and substance abuse issues. To contact the Homelife Committee, please click on the link.
- INTERNATIONAL AFFAIRS - Projects promoting understanding and acceptance of all peoples and providing international aid. To contact the International Affairs Committee, please click on the link.
- PUBLIC AFFAIRS - Projects reducing violence, fostering civic involvement, and increasing safety for all Americans.
- OTHER AREAS - Other areas in which member clubs are involved: Community Improvement, Leadership Development, Legislation, Tallulah Falls School (owned and operated by the Georgia Federation since 1909).
|back to top|