Help children in need by providing them with a shoe box
full of wonderful essentials. In conjunction with Samaritan's Purse,
our members create shoeboxes annually and donate them at the November annual
meeting. Details of how you can participate are below:
How to Pack your Shoe Box:
- Find an empty shoe box or plastic shoe box
size. Girl Scouts will wrap.
- Choose who you would want to receive your box - girl or boy ages 2-4, 5-9
or 10-14 and tape info. on box.
- Fill box with a variety of small gifts. You may include
a note, photo of you or your family. If you include your name and
address, the child may write you back.
- Enclose a $5.00 check in an envelope addressed to and payable to
- Bring Shoe Box to Atlanta Woman's Club at the November Meeting.
- If you cannot fill a box, bring items to Woman's Club and we can
Toys: small cars, balls, beanie baby
sized stuffed animals, harmonicas, yo-yo's, jump rope, small etch a sketch,
toys that light up or make noise (with extra batteries), slinky, etc.
School supplies: pens, pencils,
sharpener, crayons or markers, coloring books, paper or writing pads, solar
Hygiene Items: soap, tooth brush and
paste, comb, washcloth, etc.
Other: Hard candy, lollipops, mints,
gum, sunglasses, flashlights, caps, socks, t-shirt, toy jewelry, hair-clips,
watches, small picture book, etc.
Do not include: Used items, war-related toys, liquids,
medicines, chocolate or perishable food items or breakable items.